- Do you feel overwhelmed by your life?
- Have difficulty slowing down and focusing on one task at a time?
- Flooded or panicked with emotions?
- Reactive to your loved ones and can’t seem to control your reactions?
- Extremely critical or have a difficult time being nice to yourself?
- Lash out at others?
- Can’t seem to ever relax or calm down?
If so, you are not alone. Modern fast paced lifestyles leave us in a hyper- vigilant state of being, a state of being that is constantly primed for action. This constant stress affects both our body (and physical nervous system) and our emotional life. It can prevent us from taking action and move toward our goals.
Mindfulness is a successful antidote to combat this hyper-vigilance. Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you’re mindful, you carefully observe your thoughts and feelings without judging them good or bad. Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to your current experience, rather than dwelling on the past or anticipating the future.
Several studies have found that the practice of Mindfulness can boost the immune system, improve sleep quality, reduce stress, and help in fighting depression. The Positive Self Center has trained Meditation & Mindfulness therapists who can help you begin your journey of healing. Call us today!