A First Generation American is someone who is born in the USA and whose parents are foreign-born immigrants from another country.
This group is for you if …
- You feel like you are stuck between two worlds and neither one accepts you
- Feeling like you don’t FULLY belong in the “American society” but also feeling too “white-washed” within your culture
- You are trying to balance two worlds and discovering your identity
By connecting with other people who are experiencing similar issues, you will feel understood, supported, and less isolated by your experience. We will create a friendly and supportive environment to process the unique challenges of first-generation Americans.
In this group you will …
- Find new ways to navigate the balance of your two worlds while maintaining your own identity
- Express fears, concerns, & insecurities
- Share personal experiences
- Engage in self – compassion
- Practice self-care
- Learn new coping skills unique to your situation
- Receive support & feedback
Dates: Next Session TBD – email us @ email@example.com to be added to the waitlist
Place: Virtual – Via Zoom
Ages: 18 and up
Price: $80 for 4 weeks
# of Attendees Limit: 8
This group is led by:
Lavon Shina, LLPC Intern
“I’m currently finishing my masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I am a First Generation Chaldean American who recognizes the struggle of living in both worlds.”
Please Subscribe on the right to receive news and updates on upcoming workshops.